Pesticide Applicator Course
Posted Date: March 17, 2022
Pesticide Applicator Course 2022
Date: 3 days (April 19th - 21st, 2022)
Location: University of Fraser Valley – Abbotsford Campus (33844 King Road, Abbotsford)
This course will prepare attendees to obtain their provincial pesticide applicator certification (Industrial Vegetation and Noxious Weed Applicator Category) and includes an in-person exam on the final day.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- Local, provincial and federal legislation that govern pesticide use in BC
- Identification and management of priority invasive plant species in the Fraser Valley and Metro Vancouver
- How pesticides are registered, classified and labeled for use in Canada
- Principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- How to minimize environmental and human health risks when selecting and applying pesticides
- Application technology and how to calculate pesticide application rates
- Emergency response
DATES & FORMAT
Before April 19th Complete the FREE online Assistant Applicator Core Training course on your own
April 19th Instruction 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
April 20th Instruction 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
April 21st Exam 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Government issued photo ID is required (such as driver’s license, BC ID card, or passport). Exam results will be mailed to candidates within about 2 weeks.
A 1-year certificate is awarded for 60-74% on the exam and a 5-year certificate is awarded for 75% and above. Certificate is only valid in BC; please check other jurisdictions for equivalent credential.
Registration is limited and accepted on a first come, first served basis, until April 11th. Cost is $580/person (includes instruction, course books, exam and taxes). Cost reduced if you already have the books.
Full payment by invoice, cheque, e-transfer or credit card (fee charged for credit card) due upon registration to hold spot. Cancellations with full refund accepted until April 11th. Host reserves the right to cancel the course (with full refund) by April 12th.
TO REGISTER OR FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Fraser Valley Invasive Species Society
www.fviss.ca | email@example.com | 778-548-3847